Sibawayh Arabic Program£650.00
Intensive Arabic Immersion Program
A structured course designed to equip students with the confidence and tools required to solve advanced Arabic texts.
This course is for those who want to refresh and improve their knowledge of the Arabic language, develop confidence in reading advanced Arabic texts, and engage the original sources of Islamic scholarship.
- Have you completed the ‘alimiyya course but feel that you could have worked harder at mastering the Arabic language?
- Did you graduate many years ago from the ‘alimiyya course and now feel your understanding of the Arabic texts is rusty?
- Or have you just been studying Arabic and now want to take your studies to the next level and start understanding advanced Arabic texts in fiqh, usul al-fiqh, aqida, balagha, and other subjects?
If you are any of the above then the Sibawayh Program is for you. It has been carefully designed as a refresher course to help build your confidence and assist you in your studies, reading, teaching and guiding others. This program will also help you develop your communicative abilities in Arabic.
This course is for those who have studied Arabic before and have some basic understanding of its grammar and vocabulary. It is not an absolute beginner course.
The program will first provide a concise overview of Arabic grammar (nahw) and etymology and morphology (sarf), and then move on to apply these rules of grammar to various texts. Students will start with some basic texts and gradually progress on to more challenging selections of texts including Arabic poetry.
Subjects covered (subject to change)
- A comprehensive overview of nahw and sarf through the Ajrumiyya and ibn Hisham’s Qatr al-Nada
- An in-depth study of a varied selection of Arabic literature from sources such as Nafhat al-Arab, the Mukhtarat, Maqamat, and Diwan al-Shafi’i.
- A study of excerpts from Islamic scholarship mutun texts, such as Al-Lubab fi Sharh al-Kitab (commentary of Quduri), Sharh Aqida Tahawiyya, Ihya’ Ulum al-Din, Usul al-Fiqh and Hadith texts.
- Arabic speaking class with a native Arabic speaker to develop communication skills.
Start Date: Mid September 2019
Duration: 1 year
Cost £650.00 (discounted)
Direct Debit £750.00
Times: We now have 2 time slots the course will run on, these are either:
Wednesdays: (8.30am to 12.30pm) British Standard Time (3.30am to 7.30am US Eastern).
Saturdays: (9am to 3.30pm) British Standard Time (4am to 10.30am US Eastern).
This course is available online, but it is highly advisable to attend live due to the nature of this course.
Venue: Whitethread Institute
329-333 High Street (2nd floor)
London E15 2TF
(former site of Interlink College)
*Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained within this course is correct at the time of publication. Courses are subject to on-going development which could necessitate cancellation of, or alteration to, the advertised courses.